Image Credit: Scott Garfield/ABC; Inset: Craig Sjodin/ABCHere are 18 words I never thought I’d type: Please join me in welcoming the newest addition to The Ausiello Files family, Grey’s Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes!
I’m sitting here doing what I always do this time of year, the finale-time of year, the time in which I’m writing and thinking and planning finales. I’m doing what every year I say I am not going do: I’m thinking about fleeing the country.
France or Italy, perhaps. Anywhere with cheese. Mmmm, cheese…
I know I’m never going anywhere really. See, my friends at ABC/Disney have gifted me with a pink sparkly ankle cuff that suspiciously beeps whenever I try to leave the LA city limits. But a girl can dream. Fleeing the country is my go-to dream when working out the Grey’s Anatomy finale. Because finding ways not to write is what we writers do. And because you Grey’s fans, you take your finales very seriously.
And look, what is coming up is pretty intense. It’s the kind of finale that changes everything. I know people like to say that, wave the phrase “game-changer” around like a red flag in front of a bull. But dude, this year? GAME. CHANGER.
I’m not gonna tell you anything about it. Because I’m scared to. Instead, let me tell about a few things that are going to lead up to it:
* Derek and Meredith are going to have a very serious conversation that may or may not involve the word “baby.”
* Teddy is going to find herself fighting for her job.
* You’re going to see what happens when two Karevs get in the same room together.
* Callie and Arizona and Mark are going to do something dirty with pound cake. They were going to do something dirty with mini-muffins, but Broadcast Standards and Practices said no.
* Sloan Sloan comes back to have Mark’s grandchild.
* A 700-pound man comes to Seattle Grace and our residents have a hard time remembering their sensitivity training.
* Mer is gonna go a little badass and protective on Owen when it comes to Cristina.
* Derek is going to get even dreamier (okay, I only said that so Patrick Dempsey will come to my office and say, “Please stop torturing me” And while he’s in my office, he’ll have to then say, “Please stop touching my hair or I am calling security.”)
That’s it. That’s all I can tell you. Even though Michael Ausiello asked me to tell you more. I want to tell you more. But I can’t talk about the massive, game changing finale.
See, I’m on my way to the airport. There’s a sale on direct flights to Rome…